Borstar® 3G Technology
Powerful new customization in polymer design
Our new 625 kt/y PE unit will deliver a broad range of products to help meet market demand for lighter, more durable, more flexible and more sustainable plastics.
The Borstar® process offers simultaneous improvements in production flexibility and environmental performance such as high energy efficiency and increased conversion capability. Borstar® products deliver on the demand for tangible sustainability, through light-weighting and by enabling incorporation of more than 50% post-consumer recycled materials in some end products.
Borstar® PE technology features a multi-modal reactor set-up with two loop reactors feeding a gas phase reactor and employing a novel, proprietary catalyst. Due to its wide molecular weight and composition distribution, Borstar® PE has superior physical properties, processes better than other PE, and requires no process aids.
The improved performance our customers deserve
Built on proprietary technology, our Lumicene® portfolio represents a new generation of metallocene polyolefins with superior cleanliness, improved gloss and transparency, and enhanced processing and mechanical properties.
Lumicene offers tremendous attributes:
- Ideal for lower-thickness, tougher multilayers, enabling reduction of virgin material
- High impact resistance, excellent optics, and rapid tight sealing
- High speed conversion
- Excellent bubble stability in agricultural film production lines
- Greater impact resistance
- Excellent solution as a recycled booster
- Down-gauging and incorporation of higher recycling content in food and consumer packaging
Our broad range of medium and high density polyethylene resins serve various film, blow-molding, rotomolding, and specialty applications including:
- Stand-up pouch designs often require mixed resins to provide performance. This reduces sustainability because mixed resins cannot be recycled
- Machine-Direction Oriented (MDO) Borstar® resin has been shown to allow for an all-PE formulated stand-up pouch which is fully recyclable
- Borstar® resins also deliver superior performance in cold temperatures
- Matte finish provides improved surface for detailed printing and package design
- High gloss can be achieved through blends and/ or coextrusions
- Due to a matte surface, mulch films and greenhouse films made with Borstar® FB2230 provide diffused light that has been shown to improve crop yield
- FB2230’s improved physical characteristics make a better film which is resistant to tear, safeguarding the grower’s investment
- Borstar® greenhouse films will often last additional seasons depending on conditions, increasing sustainability and reducing waste
- Borstar® PE’s ability to down-gauge, extrude easier, improved hot-shrink and cold force characteristics and puncture resistance make it a better sustainability choice
- Provides shrink in transverse direction and better mechanical properties
- Superior impact resistence/ stiffness balance allows for tougher and thinner films - not possible with LDPE
- Low hot shrink force – less burn holes and deformation
- Good cold (holding/ retention) force (no relaxation of film)
- Better stability during transportation
- Less puncture with sharp edges (less risk of holes)
- Borstar® polyethylene pipes hold PE4710 / PE100 classifications for higher service pressures and thinner walls
- Excellent processability with increased extrusion throughput
- Top tier stress crack resistance
- For water, oil and gas, production and distribution, industrial, and mining
- A range of general purpose small and large part blow molding grades
- Specialty bimodal blow molding grades with enhanced processability and properties for demanding applications, light weighting, and incorporating higher loads of PCR
- Specialty resins for injection-stretch blow molding (ISBM) and coextrusions with higher gloss and softer touch
Our products are plastic, our people are not. So give us a call and connect. Or send us a note. A post card once in a while. And yes, we do want to see the photos of your family vacation.